Galentine’s Day: The Best Tips on How to Celebrate with Your Gals
Tired of the same old routine and missing out on social connections? Winter's chill keeping you indoors? Look no further for a reason to brighten your days – Valentine's Day is just around the corner!
Yeah, we get it, you might be single so you’re thinking, “What’s the point?” THIS is the point: It may be Valentine’s Day, but it’s also Galentine’s Day.
The day on which women celebrate women – something we love to do along with gabbing over cocktails and watching romcoms. Let’s face it, we can all really use some girl time, right?
Why not do it together this Galentine’s Day? To help, we searched the web to put together the best tips for celebrating with your gals.
Set a theme
Why not be inspired by the travel we wish we were doing and plan to do as soon as we can?
- Choose a mutual theme that inspires all activities for the night, or
- if you want to go to Prague, plan it and share it with your best gals through the culture, food, music and more.
Telling your friends your dreams makes it more likely they will happen because they will keep you accountable for making that trip happen. Heck, they might even join you.
Speaking of traveling, have you seen some of the cool background available for video conferencing? Find one that matches your theme or simply represents where you would rather be right now.
- Go with the most popular — a Caribbean beach.
- Look out onto the ocean from an Australian beach, complete with a hammock.
- Stand in a virtual sunny garden of hand-drawn cacti, birds, flowers, cacti, dragonflies and tropical plants.
- Enjoy a scene from a cruise on the River Seine. You can provide your own cheesy 80s music.
- Or sit in the front of the Star Trek Enterprise starship bridge as you fly through space to the most calming planet you can conjure up.
Give your girls a special gift
Find one thing you love that you think they will all love, buy it and have it sent to them. Use drawnames.com (not just for Christmas) to easily set up your group of girls, shop and send so they can open it on Galentine’s Day together over a video call.
Start your Galentine’s gift exchange now:
Hot gifts for women
Some hot gifts for women this year, include:
- Mugs emblazoned with fun messages and "smart” temperature control mugs that stay heated, along with a neat way to stay fueled -- coffee that's packaged in what looks like tea bags (coffee bags).
- Comfy twist-knot tunics that look good on Zoom and make you feel snuggly. After all, no Zoom wardrobe is complete without one.
- Spa bath bombs fashioned to look like truffles, cupcakes and cakes? Even better, package them with a set of your bestie’s favorite desserts.
- Extra-moisturizing facial masks with ingredients such as chamomile and green tea to treat special skin types.
Recipe and cooking trends
Have a theme? Why not all cook together? Try one of these recipe and cooking trends that ensure you stay on your healthy resolution for the year.
- Seared scallops with farro salad
- Salmon broiled in a cast-iron skillet
- Vinaigrette with a spoonful of warm water for insalata verde dressing
- Try exotic spices to keep tastebuds global
- Immunity-boosting ingredients such as zinc, turmeric, kombucha, olive oil and nutrient-dense vegetables.
- Tofu and plant-based meats and cheeses for everyday snacks.
It’s Girls’ Night and you can’t have Girls’ Night without cocktails. Alcoholic, or non-alcoholic, these drinks are sure to warm up the chilly February night.
- Blackberry-Mulled Wine: This vegan recipe is simmered (not boiled) and topped with star anise or a cinnamon stick.
- Apple Cider Margarita: Not just for fall, hot apple cider collides with tequila, fresh orange and lemon juice and agave nectar, nestled in a warmed toddy or margarita glass.
- Ancho Reyes Hot Chocolate: Add hot chocolate mix and half-and-half to Ancho Reyes and top with your favorite garnish.
- Cocktails to go: Don’t fancy yourself a great bartender? Pick up your favorite pre-prepared cocktail from the store or support a local restaurant with delivery.
- A Box O’wine: We’ve all gotten a coupon for Naked Wines or Wine.com in the mail. There are dozens of wine programs and they are growing rapidly, especially during the pandemic. There’s nothing quite like shopping online and having a box delivered, or, better yet, having their sommelier pick a box for you. Double down on a gift and shared fun by having a box of six bottles sent to each friend?
- Dress up your mocktails and cocktails made with ingredients such as gin, ginger beer, grenadine, watermelon basil (think mimosas), dragon fruit, whipped cream vodka, strawberry liqueur, and crème de cacao. Top with rose petals, sliced strawberries or blood orange slices.
What Girls’ Night is complete without a RomCom? Pick a movie that matches your theme and watch it together. Here are some favorites:
- Travel-related – A French Kiss
- Best Friends – Beaches
- Foodies — Always Be My Maybe
- Fashionistas — Legally Blonde
- Cinderella Dreamers — Maid in Manhattan and Pretty Woman
- Reminiscing Together — Sleepless in Seattle
- Hallmark – Always reliable fun. Hallmark has a slew of movies out online and streaming that will have you all “aaawww”-ing.
Cheers to us, ladies
To all of the gals everywhere:
Happy Galentine’s Day! Start your Galentine’s gift exchange now: